Y’all I’m writing to you from a desperate place. Little Millie is sick with her first real stomach “icky” and I’d be lying if I said was handling it like a pro. She started throwing up on Saturday. We’re coming up on the third evening of throwing up and my heart is breaking for her. I’ve cried literally every time she’s gotten sick and I wish more than anything I could take this sickness from her.
However, this is my first rodeo with something like this (well with my own kid anyways) and I’ve picked up some new mommy knowledge I thought I’d share. It’s probably old news to veteran moms but still…
- Keep butter bowls or Tupperware within reach at all times. Seriously keep them on every table, countertop, beside the couch, etc. Trust me.
- Co-sleeping breastfed baby? Sleep topless on top of towels and keep a stack of new towels by the bed. Also trust me lol After 12 loads of laundry I’ve given up on keeping pajamas on her and me.
- Keep nursing! Nurse any chance! You do not want that baby getting dehydrated. We’re currently nursing and offering sips of Pedialyte every 15 minutes. With that being said, SIPS are better than gulps when they’re still nauseous. Also learned that the hard way. Yes breastmilk is amazing but too much on and aggravated tummy leads to Excorcist like conditions.
- Call your mom, aunt, cousin, best friend, whoever! Being stuck at home bleaching everything sucks. Take three seconds for yourself and have an adult conversation even if said conversation is about the contents of your baby’s puke.
- When all else fails, sit in a warm, comfy bath with your sick babe. It will relax both of you and encourage nursing. Hey if puke happens in there, no big deal 🤷🏼♀️.
If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading and wish me luck. I’m still stuck in the trenches of this one.
I know I’ve posted loving little references to my wonderful husband in the past, but I am not immune to the annoying shit that husbands put wives (and specifically moms) through. He’s a great dad. I’ll give him that, but if I could just get him to switch me places for one day….
- First of all… he’d be pretty damn irritated if I came home after work and just sat in my recliner and neglected to help with childcare. He does this 95% of the time. I’m sitting in the floor “playing” after only speaking to a tiny human all day and he just sits there. I can’t ask him for anything or even bother him to talk about the day until he’s sat there for at least an hour 🙄 he has a stressful job (air traffic controller), I get it. However, I also know he only works one freakin hour at a time and I’ve been holding my pee for three hours because the kid is having a clingy day.
- He’d also get a little annoyed if I put all my dirty dishes in the sink when the empty dishwasher sits 20 inches to the right…how hard is it? Will his balls fall off if he does this? I don’t know but there is a mysterious force that keeps him from loading the dishwasher 🤔
- Oh I know for a fact he’d get pretty pissed off if I asked for a gold sticker every time I did something around the house that’s just expected for everyone else. You know, picking up after yourself, laundry in the hamper, putting the q-tip you drop back in the trash can, changing a dirty diaper (not waiting an hour for someone else to do it), taking out the trash….you get it. Why do men want and freaking congratulations when they do stuff wives do 100x a week?? Where’s my damn cookie and confetti? 🙄
- Or, or, or….if my response to every request or complaint was simply “yeah but I work.” 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Yeah, I’m a stay at home Mom but guess what, I work LEAPS AND BOUNDS more than he does. My job is 24/7 without mandatory lunch breaks. Just something to think about….
Me too kid, me too. 😐
Hey guys! I’m working on being more consistent with posting content. I recently reread the quote “write like no one is going to read it.” It really sparked my interest in blogging again. I think fear and insecurity stop me from posting on a regular basis because I overthink what I need to write about. Story of my life, right? Anyways, that’s become my new goal and I hope some genius flows through me and I begin writing the blog of the century! lol okayyy maybe not. I’d settle for making someone slightly grin while reading.
So back to my update…I’ve sold two signs. TWO freaking signs. It’s not what I hoped for but makers still gotta make. Right? See…there’s my insecurity. Seriously though, I LOVE being creative and in my element. At this point, I’m discouraged but nowhere near the level of discouragement I usually face. I feel this renewed spark and determination because I want, no NEED this to be something. I need this to be a success. For as long as I can remember, I’ve had a dream of owning my own store/coffee shop full of antiques and quirky decor. It’s always been in my mind, even during grad school. I think that’s where my energy is coming from. Even if I sell nothing, my dream is bigger than the icky feeling of insecurity.
alsoooo I want to sell some stuff though…. so here’s a few pieces of my work and PLEASE give me pointers and suggestions to get this thing moving. I’m begging!!!
Y’all please send the pointers my way! I’d love to hear some new ideas and put them to work 🙂 Also, here’s a link to my Etsy shop that I JUST OPENED ahhh!
I’ve clearly been on a sabbatical from blogging but I’ve been up to some really fulfilling stuff! I completely resigned from my job and took the plunge into starting my own creative business. For the last 3 months I’ve been toying around with idea and I finally just said “now or never!”
So here’s the gist of what I been digging into…I’m up to my ears in wooden signs, sewn baby items, and screen printed shirts 😍 I guess I’m too scattered to settle on a niche lol.
Long story short… the focus of this blog will be shifting a bit. I suppose that mirrors how life changes in the first year of motherhood. We’re all just growing into our roles and adapting to the chaos of juggling it all. I’ll still be writing about my struggle bus but we’ll probably throw in some crafty posts here & there.
Thanks for hanging with the struggle 🚌
Soooo let’s take a break from talking babies, stress, and husbands lol. Recently I’ve abandoned by flat iron and haven’t looked back since. It was a rude awakening when I moved to the South and discovered it was a lost cause trying to make my waves behave. Since then, I’ve found the Curly Girl Method. From research on Pinterest to buying every product I find, I have been doing my best to bring my hair back to life and let it do its own thing 💇🏼
I figured I might as well document what works and what doesn’t. Hence the hair post lol. So here goes….
I decided to give Ouidad shampoo and conditioner a go. Let me be clear, I only tried the shampoo and conditioner because it was on sale in a value pack. I plan on purchasing the styling products to try with them. For now, I used the shampoo and conditioner with Cantu curl cream (for kids because I accidentally picked up that bottle at Publix and decided I liked it 😍).
Overall, I liked the way Ouidad felt during the wash and condition. The smell was amazing and my hair felt clean. I can honestly say my curl pattern wasn’t much different from my usual cheapie products. However, I feel I should report on that again after using the styling products that go with them. I have used the comparable products from Devacurl and I definitely prefer Ouidad because of the lather and texture I was left with. So, the jury is still out but for now I give it 👍🏼👍🏼.
☝🏼 this last picture is after my hair completely air dried and I scrunched out the crunch.
I’d say I have a 2C texture most days and I’m hoping I can get a more defined curl pattern 🙏🏼